New models coming soon:
AMP4, 2x50W 8 ohms, integrated power supply
- Based on the Tripath TK2050 that runs of a single 20V to 35V supply. Could run of 24V system / two 12V batteries.
- The TK2050 chipset is a two pieces; the Tripath TA2001 signal processor chip and the TP2050 power chip. The TA2001 signal processing chip is the same processor as used in AMP2. The power chip, the TP2050 chip has the same footprint as the TA2021B chip used in AMP3.
- The datasheet THD+N values are exceptionally low, 0.007% at 30W, 8 ohm. This should be a Gem!
- AMP4 has an onboard power supply rectifier two 10.00 uF capacitors and a well stabilized +5V supply. Just add a transformer of 15 to 24V AC.
- AMP4 is optimized for 6 and 8 ohm loads. Due to the internal maximum current limiting at 5.5A, with four ohms it should be used at limited supply voltages (20-25V? to be tested).
- Many components for AMP4 are surface mounts. The footprint of the board is 50x120 mm.
AMP4 will be available in august/september.
If you havn't built it you do not really own it