I'm buying some B&O Penta speakers which are the unpowered version and I have a couple questions regarding the Amp10. I already have an Amp6 with a SMPS and love it to bits but the power isn't nearly enough.
The speakers are 150w @ 8ohm
I would like to get close to this without distortion so my intention is to bridge the Amp 10 and go for the full 200W capacity but use sufficient line-in resistor to ensure I never go over 150w with my "trusted" input sources. Can you tell me:
1. what VA toroidal I would require and at what +- voltage. It will be powering 2xAmp 10 in switched config with a max of 150W into the 8ohm so 300w maximum.
2. will the four capacitors and extra rectifier on the non-basic help with the power or can I expect it to work ok?
3. what does the relay do on the basic?
4. Has anyone used a SMPS on the Amp10? Is it more efficient than a toroidal transformer? and if recommended is there any that can supply the high wattage I'm after at the optimal voltage?
5. which sounds better, the basic or non-basic?