Advantest R9211 spectrum analyzer
I have a Advantest R9211E spectrum analyzer which is very good for audio work. It's about 20 years old now and i'ts not so well documented on the net so I thought I'd collect some info here.
Some background info about the instrument:
- Measurement ranges adjustable in around 100 (1dB!) steps from -60dBv (1mV) to 200V
- 16 bit resolution, 2 channels
- FFTs from mHz to 100kHz
- Background noise < 140dBV (2KHz range)
- Steep input antialiasing filters
- GPIB, thermal printer(option)
- Some versions have a built in signal generator
- Robust protected inputs, DC and AC coupled
- I have disassembled the instrument and swapped power supply, replaced most ecaps and some other parts so I have some knowledge (and pictures) on the interiors. The manual recomended life of the power supply is five years, most likely for the e-caps....
If you are interested in the instrument and / or have questions or information to share please post!
If you havn't built it you do not really own it