I finally got started on my project today. I wanted to get my soldering skills warmed up so I assembled the easy tube kit that I am using for my preamp. Plus, I am saving up a few bucks for the amp4.
It went super smoothly. My new weller station (christmas present!), panavise, and what I learned on my amp6 all made this time around a breeze. Not that all the solders are flawless...
I used some of my sockets and pins to create a base for the tubes. I was going to cut a 10pin IC socket to use, but I wanted to get going today.
I know it's not an amp4 (yet!), but this thread will be very soon.
This board is not yet tested. The two crappy trimpots were included in the kit, and those and the pins on the IN/OUT are just for getting the thing working. The fine people over at diyaudioprojects have discussed many upgrades for this kid. I just built it to stock, but will be swapping a burr brown opamp with the one it came with.
This will be between the amp4 and the remote input module in my system. In the near future I will be asking the experts about powering this thing with a TREAD ps, without toasting it since it's made for a 9v battery.