Hello there. A while ago I purchased and made the AMP6 Basic kit. Worked flawlessly, awesome amp.
However, last week i moved to uni and had major issues with it.
You see for the last year or so i have been powering it off a 12V battery. No issues.
Yesterday i tried to use it with a 12V 2A wall adaptor. As soon as contact was made on the audio input lead (whether this be skin or audio-out plug on ipod) the speakers start making a horrible loud clicking/thudding sound. I could see the cones jumping. The music could be heard behind this noise.
Unfortunately my trusty lithium battery is many miles away at home. =[
A friend of mine speculated that it might be the wall adaptor struggling to deliver enough power, might this be the case? If so, what adaptor should i buy?