After nearly 2 years of heavy use and abuse the AMP11 in the Bassbomb has died. I wasn't using it myself but I've been told it just suddenly stopped playing half way through a street skate. I've taken it apart and found that a couple of legs on the TP2050 IC (actually an STA505 in this case) have been blown off. Any idea what might have caused it? There's no other obvious damage anywhere and nothing wrong with the wiring or anything else. It's powered by a 24V nominal battery and the 4A slow blow fuses on the battery pack are still intact.
Is it likely to have damaged any other components? If it's worth it I'll just replace the chip, but I don't want to do that without knowing the cause first.